A total of £1.7 million is being allocated to improve council housing stock across Richmondshire over the next 12 months.
The district council says its improvements team has just completed the 21/22 improvement programme of works.
Planning for 22/23 started last autumn and work has already begun on site for the new projects.
With the authority’s principal contractor Kier Services the following work is planned:
- Replacing 15 electric storage heating systems with new efficient electric system
- Upgrading 62 heating systems (gas or oil)
- Replacing 52 kitchens
- Replacing 27 bathrooms
Work will also be undertaken at sheltered housing sites including:
- Installing a new passenger lift at Noels Court
- Upgrading smoke alarms at six schemes
- Installing a new commercial boiler at Quaker Close
- Installing a new automatic door at Queens Court
- Installing a new communal TV aerial at Oak Tree Court
- Undertaking communal corridor works at Thornborough Hall Gardens
All tenants affected by the programme will be contacted by the Council to arrange a visit to carry out a survey and will be kept fully updated.
For more details on this work– contact the Improvements Team on 01748 892100 or firstname.lastname@example.org