Job Title: Assistant Operations & Sherpa Van Development Manager
Job Grade: (5) £22,600 – Full time FTE
Accountable to: Head of Operations and Sherpa Van Development
Responsible for: All Operations Staff (including drivers)
To support the Head of Operations
- Be responsible for effective operation of the company’s operations department.
- To ensure PHSV fulfils all its legal and statutory obligations as set out by VOSA, the terms of its commercial license, insurance policy and any other appropriate contractual or item of legislation.
- To ensure an enjoyable and smooth high quality customer experience
- To improve operations efficiency and performance standards leading to increased profitability
- Part-time roll based on job share; days may vary over 7-day periods including weekend work.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Managing the implementation and training of relevant staff on the Trackpod system and relevant integrations to other systems (In conjunction with the Head of Operations)
- Producing daily schedules
- Briefing the drivers
- Handling all operational queries from Reservations & Customers from when their trip has begun
- Managing the daily operations of passenger and baggage transfers (In conjunction with the Head of Operations)
- To check the daily vehicle inspection sheets, maintain and arrange any actions as necessary to ensure all vehicles are dully roadworthy and highly presentable.
- Ensure the company and lease vehicles are kept clean, serviced, and checked within statutory and recommended intervals.
- Ensure all appropriate insurances and licenses are maintained, renewed and up to date.
- Supporting the Head of Operations in managing the team in full consistency with the company ethos/core values and standards of performance and to bring out the best in each person (coaching)
- Providing support to employees as / when may be required.
- To support the Head of Operations in contributing towards the growth of the business through development of new Sherpa Van routes and bringing existing out-sourced routes in-house
- To handle the Out-Of-Office phone on agreed Rota including weekends.
This job description is intended as a broad guide to the duties and responsibilities of the post. As a term of employment, the postholder may be required to undertake other duties commensurate with the post.
Please apply to email@example.com