A six-year-old boy has been airlifted to hospital after apparently falling from a roller coaster at Lightwater Valley.
Yorkshire Air Ambulance confirmed the boy was transported to Leeds General from the theme park.
North Yorkshire Police said it had been called to reports of a “medical incident” at 11.30am and officers remained at the scene.
A spokesman: “The child, a six-year-old boy, who was conscious when officers arrived at the scene, has been taken to hospital.
“His condition is not believed to be life-threatening.”
The Health and Safety Executive (HSE) has been notified.
It is understood the boy fell from the Twister ride at the park.
— Simon Moran (@sirimo) May 30, 2019
Lightwater Valley said in a statement: “We can confirm that following an incident on one of our rides this morning, a child is receiving treatment at a local hospital.
“Emergency services have confirmed the child was conscious when they arrived at the scene and his condition is not believed to be life-threatening.”
The park said the ride had been closed but the park remained open.
North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said crews were called to reports of an incident at Lightwater Valley at around 11.30am.
A spokesperson said: ” On their arrival the air ambulance and other emergency services were in attendance.
“Fire crews assisted with transporting the casualty to the ambulance. No further action was taken by fire crews at the scene.”
The incident is believed to have happened on the same ride that was involved in a fatal accident in 2001.
Student Gemma Savage, 20, died the day after she suffered head and neck injuries when two cars collided on the ride, then called the Treetop Twister.
An inquest heard that a wiring error meant the ride’s control system was not safe.
Following the incident, the ride’s manufacturers, Reverchon Industries, was charged with failing to ensure the safe design and construction of the ride.
However, the company went into liquidation in 2008, failing to answer charges at Leeds crown court.
Lightwater Valley Attractions was fined £35,000 while park electrician Eric Butters was fined £2,500.