An appeal has been issued for local business people to work with local secondary schools.
York and North Yorkshire’s Careers Hub supports secondary schools in the district
The hub aims to bring together schools and colleges careers leaders and provides them with additional support, resources, and training for their schools to deliver inclusive careers programmes for all students.
The hub also links the region’s schools and colleges with employers, further education colleges and apprenticeship and in-work training providers, to make sure young people in the region know about the options available to them after they leave education, and the different jobs open to them.
The hub is recruiting volunteers from business to join its expanding enterprise adviser network to be matched with schools to strengthen the connection, input, and knowledge for careers between schools and businesses/employers.
The volunteers work closely with the local school or college to use their business experiences and networks to help them develop a strong careers programme that support all students.
What the EA volunteers do:
- Supporting the school or college’s senior leadership team strategically to develop and evaluate their careers plan.
- Providing a valuable employer’s perspective on how a school or college can embed labour market information and opportunities into the careers programme.
- Engaging with local businesses and employers in your network to put a wide variety of careers opportunities at the heart of young people’s education.
Benefits for local employers/businesses:
- Easier access to engage with schools and colleges
- Opportunities to use your experience and network to inspire young people
- Develop your interpersonal and strategy skills and gain new experiences as a role model to young people in your area
- Deepen your connection to the local community
- Build your company’s reputation
- CPD opportunities for your own staff – Enterprise Advisers are fully supported by an Enterprise Coordinator.
Pete Jackson, careers leader at SFX School, aid: “Support and help from local businesses and people from the word of work is essential to any successful careers programme to inspire our future generations.”
To find out more or express interest please email email@example.com