Catterick Garrison make it eight wins in eight with victory over Reeth

Catterick Garrison continued their impressive start to the season on Saturday notching up their eighth win in eight games.

Reeth were the latest team to succumb to Garrison, losing 8-0.

Ben Smith in the Reeth goal made some good saves early in the game to keep Catterick out.

He wasn’t required though for Sam Maddison’s penalty which was blasting over the bar.

It was the 22nd minute when the league leaders took the lead through a glancing header from man of the match Damian Hargreaves.

A long range freekick from Jez Mortimer found the corner shortly afterwards to make it 2-0.

Jake Oakes then got his first of the day before Luke Circo continued his good form by pulling a goal back after Catterick clumsily gave the ball away.

The floodgates then opened with Oakes getting his second and James McCormack netting from the spot.

Reeth keeper Ben Smith then gifted Garrison another when he miss-kicked a goal kick. Unable to kick the ball again, Oakes was able to pass to Matty Leaf for an easy goal.

Mortimer then got his second before Neil Wright finished off a fine team goal and Oakes to fire in his saved penalty to complete his hat-trick.

Carperby also ran out comfortable winners in the local derby against Askrigg.

Sam Lambert put the home team in front early on after good work from Michael Dent.

Lambert got a second when he was put in by Matty Bradley. Bradley then got on the score sheet after a great piece of skill and cross from Tim Weatherill.

Lambert got his hat-trick after he finished well after Weatherill put him through on goal.

The second half started much the same when Scott Lambert beat his man the crossed superbly for Michael Dent to head home.

Sam Lambert then got his fourth after James Metcalfe played him in. Michael Dent got the home sides seventh when Scott Lambert took a quick throw in and Dent beat a couple of players before smashing it into the top corner from a tight angle.

Lee Thompson completed the scoring with his first goal for the club when he rose highest to head home a Michael Dent corner.

Elsewhere , Richmond Mavericks enjoyed a good 3-1 win away at Hawes.

Oliver Reynolds opened the scoring for Mavs in the first half before a brace from James Kelly towards the end of the second half sealed the points, before Tom Calvert grabbed a late consolation goal for Hawes, who were without several key players.

In the final game, Richmond Town Reserves beat Spennithorne 4-0.

Two goals from Scott Ryan, who played a handful of games for Spenni last season, and one each from Michael Elliot and Harry Beresford were enough to ensure the points went back to Richmond.


Carperby 8-0 Askrigg

Catterick Garrison 9-1 Reeth

Hawes 1-3 Richmond Mavericks

Spennithorne 0-4 Richmond Town Reserves



Richmond Town Reserves v Hawes

Medals Shield

Carperby v Richmond Mavericks

Catterick Garrison v Unicorn

Spennithorne v Reeth