Catterick net 15 against Askrigg, while Unicorn stay top with win over Hawes

Catterick Garrison and Askrgg players remember eight-year=-old Joshua Slater before their game on Saturday.

Catterick Garrison were the big winners on a scorching hot day for teams in the Scotts for Storage Wensleydale League.

It took Alex Boyle just three minutes open the scoring in their game at home to Askrigg, with Jez Mortimer finishing well shortly afterwards to make it 2-0

Boyle then added a third, before turning provider as young Riley Harrison got his second goal in as many games.

Craig Teasdale then set Connor Dagnall away in the channel. His chip over the keeper came back off the inside of the post, but he was on hand to smash the ball home.

Boyle completed the first half scoring and his hat-trick after teenager Charlie Tomlinson burst clear to finish well.

After the break Boyle scored two more, while Mortimer finished with four.

Second half sub Jake Oakes also completed his hat-trick with the final score a demoralising 15-0.

Elsewhere, Leyburn played their first competitive home game since forming against Carperby.

It was a close encounter at the Wensleydale School. The home side came out strongly and looked to be coping better with the heat, but Carperby gradually began to seize the initiative as the first half wore on, taking the lead through Scott Lambert after 26 minutes.

Luke Dent then made it 2-0 to the visitors soon after the break when the Leyburn defence failed to deal with a Michael Dent cross.

Carperby looked to be comfortable as the half entered the closing stages, with Leyburn’s goalkeeper Jack Davison forced to make several good saves.

However, a good finish from the home side’s Will Hewson with five minutes to go caused Carperby some concerns.

Leyburn thought they had levelled when Jack Crook netted, only for the goal to be ruled out for offside, meaning the game finished 2-1 to Carperby.

Spennithorne continued their good start to the season with a 7-2 win over Reeth.

Jack Hammond and Lee Thompson both got a brace, with Kalem Stanger, Hugo Brown and Callum Haggie also netting.

In the final game, Unicorn made it three wins out of three with goals from Shayne Ketley and Brandon Bishop enough to see off Hawes.

Ben Fawcett late on for the home side, but it was not enough.



Catterick Garrison 15-0 Askrigg

Carperby 1-2 Leyburn

Reeth 2-7 Spennithorne

Unicorn 2-1 Hawes



Catterick Garrison v Carperby

Hawes v Richmond Town Academy

Leyburn v Reeth

Unicorn v Spennithorne