Refuse and recycling collection dates across Richmondshire are revised due to the Christmas and New Year holidays.
There are no collections on Monday, December 27 or January 3 which means they will roll forward.
All collections will be back to normal from Monday, January 17.
Residents care urged to check their changed dates at www.richmondshire.gov.uk
There are changes for three weeks as follows:
- EXISTING DAY/NEW DAY
- Monday December 27 – Tuesday December 28
- Tuesday December 28 – Wednesday December 29
- Wednesday December 29 – Thursday December 30
- Thursday December 30 – Friday December 31
- Friday December 31 – Tuesday January 4
- Monday January 3 – Wednesday January 5
- Tuesday January 4 – Thursday January 6
- Wednesday January 5 – Friday January 7
- Thursday January 6 – Saturday January 8
- Friday January 7 – Monday January 10
- Monday January 10 – Tuesday January 11
- Tuesday January 11 – Wednesday January 12
- Wednesday January 12 – Thursday January 13
- Thursday January 13 – Friday January 14
- Friday January 14 – Saturday January 15
Excess glass, cans, cardboard and plastic recycling can be placed in blue or white bags but residents are asked to please remember to keep glass separate.
Alternatively excess can be taken to the recycling centres located across the district, which will be open throughout the holidays.
Envelopes and cards should be placed in the blue or white bag.
However Christmas cards with glitter on, wrapping paper and tissue paper cannot be recycled – it should be placed in the grey bin.