Disposable barbecue causes bin fire

File pic of the falls at Richmond. Photo: Paul Harrop.

A disposable barbecue caused a bin fire in Richmond today.

Firefighters from the town were called to the incident near Falls at about 2.50pm.

Firefighters used buckets of water to extinguish the bin fire.

A spokesperson for North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said the cause was a carelessly discarded disposable barbecue.



  1. Just put a complete ban on the sale of these portable barbecues as they’ve caused more fires by careless people and caused millions of pounds worth of damage and taking away crews who could be dealing with life threatening incidents. Hells bells when we went away for the day we packed lunches and put them in a cool box like everyone else did and we always cleaned up after ourselves making sure we left the place as we found it.

  2. Agreed! Nasty things, unecological to use and to manufacture, same as most disposable items.

Comments are closed.