Richmondshire District Council has closed all its offices to the public until further notice due to the coronavirus.
All council offices in Richmond, Reeth, Leyburn, Hawes and Colburn are now closed, with appointment system available for urgent business only.
However, the council says it is remaining open for business through its website or by calling 01748 829100.
In an update on service provision given today the authority added that waste collections continue as normal.
If changes are made they will be posted on social media channels and on website, through local media.
Other updates include:
- Collection of new purple sacks will be possible by appointment from the Council’s offices at Mercury House, Hudson House in Reeth and the Upper Wensleydale Community Office in Hawes. In exceptional circumstances home delivery will be possible
- Sheltered housing schemes – wardens are in close touch with residents but outside access is being kept to a minimum.
- Lifeline wardens are contacting customers by phone where possible – the scheme is still responding to emergencies
- Parks and open spaces are still open – but all district council owned playgrounds are being closed
- Public toilets are all being closed
- Only emergency and urgent housing repairs will be taking place for council tenants
- All council meetings are now cancelled – the council is exploring virtual public meetings
- Housing Homelessness Service operating as normal – people experiencing homelessness can either call the Homeless Service – 01748 901150 or the out of hours number – 01653 697737