Electrical fault blamed for Brokes house fire

A fire that destroyed a Richmondshire farm house was thought to have been caused by an electrical fault, investigators say.

More than 20 firefighters battled the blaze at Brokes, near Richmond, which was discovered just after 11am on Tuesday.

The occupants, Lorraine and Duncan Graham and Duncan’s brother Anthony, were left with just the clothes they were wearing following the incident.

Nobody was injured in the fire, with fire fighters coming to the rescue of several dogs which were in the property.

Following an investigation, North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service confirmed today that the cause was believed to be an electrical fault.

An appeal has been launched to help the family who have lost everything.

Food and toiletries have been provided by members of the Influence Church.

In the short term, the family still needs women’s clothing size 18 to 20, and large men’s clothing. They have also asked for a small table lamp and a set of hair tongs.

Donations can be left at the Influence Church in Richmond.