Fire crews called to house fire in Hudswell

Firefighters were called to a house fire in Hudswell today.

Crews from Richmond and Colburn were called to a property where the occupier reported a fire in the wall cavity of the house at 2.07pm.

The crews identified that a fire had spread from the fire place to the wall cavity and ceiling joists.

This story continues after the adverts:


The crews dismantled the fire place to extinguish the fire using a hose reel jet.

It is believed that the flu of the chimney overheated and melted plastics around it spreading fire to the wall and ceiling joists.