Firefighters were called after a fire in a house in Brompton-on-Swale yesterday.
The incident in Richmond Road was reported just after 1pm.
A crew from Richmond responded to reports of smoke in a property, with scorch marks and a male who had fallen.
The fire was out when the crew arrived.
A spokesperson for North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “The fire was to papers which had fallen on the floor and set the carpet and Zimmer frame alight.
“The occupier was assisted out of the property and checked over on the scene by paramedics.”