Firefighters called after fumes come from electrical fitting

Firefighters were called out yesterday after smoke was potted coming from an electrical fitting.

The incident happened in a commercial property in Queens Road, at about 10am.

A fire crew from Richmond investigated the reports.

This was discovered to be fumes from an electrical fitting which had blown a fuse.

Advice was given to the occupier.

In a separate incident yesterday, Colburn firefighters attended a fire involving a small cardboard box in Catterick Garrison at about 8.30pm.

The fire was out on arrival and crews carried out an inspection only.

The cause of the fire is believed to be deliberate.