Firefighters called after suspected gas leak

Photo: North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service.

Firefighters attended a suspected gas leek in Catterick Garrison.

The incident occurred in Scotton Road.

North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said it is believed a tractor with a hedge cutter mistakenly cut through a main valve.

A spokesperson said: “Crews put a safety cordon in lace until arrival of the gas board, who then isolated the gas supply.”

The public was urged to avoid the area.

Firefighters from Richmond and Reeth attended the incident.