Firefighters were called to a fire at a Richmond pub this afternoon.
The blaze occurred at The Talbot Hotel in the Market Place.
Richmond firefighters were called at about 12noon.
This story contines after the adverts:
The blaze occurred in a storeroom behind the bar.
Landlady Michelle Atkins said she raised the alarm and evacuated thr pub after the bar started filling with smoke
She then began tackling the blaze with a fire extinguisher before the fire crew’s arrival.
The crew then finished extinguishing the fire and ventilated the pub.
Michelle said the fire appeared to start behind a black wooden hatch on the front of the pub.
She speculated that the fire might have started after the wooden hatch heated up in the sunlight.
Behind the hatch was boxes of crisps.
The pub has temporarily closed this afternoon.