Firefighters called to Scorton chimney fire

Firefighters were called to a chimney fire in Scorton on Thursday evening.

Richmond and Colburn crews attended the property in Hospital Road at about 7.30pm.

Crews used a thermal imagine camera and hearth kit to extinguish the fire.

The cause of the fire was due to unsuitable packaging being placed on the fire.

In a separate incident, Reeth crew were called to a rubbish fire in a wooded area in Station Road, Richmond, at 7.50pm yesterday.

On arrival the rubbish fire had burnt out and crews carried out an inspection only.

The cause of the fire was believed to be a dropped light.