Firefighters called to static caravan fire

Firefighters were called to a fire in a static caravan early this morning.

Crews from Richmond and Colburn were called to the incident in Catterick Village at about 3.10am.

Fire, heat and smoke damage was caused to the kitchen area and smoke damage was caused to the remainder of the caravan.

North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said the caravan was occupied at the time but the occupants escaped without injury.

The cause of the fire was believed to be the cooker being left switched on.

Crews used 4 breathing apparatus, 2 hose reels and a thermal imaging camera