Firefighters called after tea towel left on hob

Firefighters were called out this morning after a tea towel was left on a hob.

A crew from Richmond responded to a smoke alarm in a home off Frenchgate in Richmond just after 9am on Saturday.

On their arrival they discovered a tea towel had been left on a hob and had ignited.

This story continues after the adverts:


The fire was extinguished by the resident prior to our arrival.

Crews ventilated smoke from property using a positive pressure ventilation fan.

The cause is believed to have been accidental.