Firefighters called to caravan on fire in Wensleydale

Firefighters were called after reports of a caravan on fire this afternoon.

Crews from Leyburn and Richmond responded to the incident in Harmby at about 2.15pm.

North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said the fire began when an electrical fire was accidently turned on and this ignited a cushion.

The fire was already out when firefighters arrived after members of staff used buckets of water to extinguish it.

The crew dampened down using a hose reel jet and breathing apparatus.

1 Comment

Comments are closed.