Firefighters called to cooker fire in Richmond

Firefighters were called to a report of a cooker fire in Richmond Market Place yesterday.

The incident was reported at about 6pm.

A crew from Richmond responded to the blaze in a chargrill cooker in a commercial premises.

Prior to the fire service’s arrival, staff had used a fire blanket and fire extinguisher.

Firefighters then used a further fire blanket to ensure the fire was fully extinguished.

The fire, caused by overheated oil, resulted in light smoke logging in the room.