Firefighters called to Hawes chimney fire

Firefighters attended a chimney fire in Hawes today.

The Hawes crew were called to the fire at a domestic property at 1.53pm.

North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said the fire was confined to the chimney but some smoke got into roof space due to poor pointing on chimney brickwork.

The crew extinguished fire using buckets of water, a hearth kit and a thermal imaging camera.

The cause is believed to be an accumulation of soot.

Advice was given to occupier.