Firefighters find chimney fire in Middleham

Middleham Market Place.

Firefighters found a chimney fire when called to the smell of smoke yesterday.

Crews from Richmond, Leyburn, Bedale and Hawes were called out to Middleham Market Place a about 5.45pm.

The aerial ladder platform from Durham Fire Service also attended.

This story continues after the adverts:


They wre called to reports of a strong smell of smoke inside a three-storey house.

Crews extinguished a chimney fire using one hose reel and checked for hot spots using a thermal imaging camera.