Firefighters give oxygen to pets after house fire

The fire occurred at property in Fitzalan Road, Bedale.

Firefighters gave oxygen to pets after a house fire in Bedale this morning.

Crews from Northallerton and Bedale were called to the blaze at a house in Fitzalan Road at 7.25am.

The fire started in an aquarium cabinet and caused fire damage to the wiring for an aquarium, a gecko cage and a heat pad for a naked guinea pig.

This story continues after the adverts:


The fire caused the aquarium on top of the cabinet to crack and water leaked down on to the fire and extinguished it.

Crews administered oxygen to the gecko and naked guinea pig.

A number of fish died in the incident.

Fire damage was caused to the cabinet and adjacent wall.

The ground floor and first floor of the property suffered smoke damage.

The cause is believed to be an electrical fault.

The firefighters used two breathing apparatus and one hosereel.


1 Comment

Comments are closed.