Richmondshire residents can get free entry to attractions in Richmond tomorrow as part of Love Being Local day.
The Green Howards Museum, Richmondshire Museum, The Georgian Theatre Experience and Richmond Castle are joining together for the promotion this Saturday from 10am to 4pm.
Lynda Powell, director of The Green Howards Museum, and Chair of Welcome to Richmond who organise the event said:
“Love Being Local is a great opportunity for residents to be a ‘doorstep tourist’ for the day; reminding themselves of the brilliant things there are to see and do here in Richmond.
“We’re all often guilty of overlooking and undervaluing what’s right under our noses, so we hope that a trip to the town’s attractions will give people a boost, and that they will then encourage family, friends and visitors to come and see us during the season ahead.
“With the trend for staycationing looking set to continue, having local people as ambassadors for the town and all it has to offer is really valuable to us all.”
As well as free entry to Richmond Castle, The Georgian Theatre Experience, The Green Howards Museum and Richmondshire Museum, local businesses are also joining in on the day offering a range of discounts.
- 10% off in The Shop at The Station
- 20% off at Cross View Tea Rooms on the day.
- Liberty Health Club: FREE day pass for Liberty Health Club – includes gym, sauna, steam room, jacuzzi and classes. Collect your pass when you visit any of the participating attractions on the day.
- Lucy Pittaway Gallery: 10% store-wide discount Friday 25, Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 March (use code RICHMOND10).
- Jeffersons: 10% off on the day.
- Berber: free leather Richmond 950 keyrings (while stocks last)
Richmondshire residents need to bring proof of their Richmondshire residency, such a utilities or council tax bill, to secure their free admission.