A Richmond resident has put together a comprehensive guide of shops and services available in the Richmond area during the coronavirus outbreak.
Bev Newton, a volunteer with St Mary’s Church, in Richmond, put together the guide to help the elderly and vulnerable.
She said she hoped the message was getting out that there were businesses and services available for those who were self-isolating.
She added: “We also wanted to let people know that meals were being delivered to those who needed it in Richmond.
“If people could print it out and give it to one elderly neighbour that would be a great help.”
- Age UK is doing a hot lunchtime meal delivery in Richmond and the surrounding villages. The meals cost £5 a day for a 2-course set menu and they are being delivered 7 days a week.
Please book meals before 11.00 on the day – 01325 741492 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Market Café (from the indoor market, Richmond) is doing a range of chilled fresh home cooked meals, scones, cakes and eggs with free delivery. They have about 6 regular daily special meals for £5.00. They’re also doing a Sunday lunch of roast chicken or roast beef delivered for £6.95; this must be reserved on the Saturday beforehand. Open 10.00-14.00 daily.
Free delivery in Richmond town – 07464 804242 (No minimum order for the elderly/vulnerable)
- Nazzarena (Queen’s Road, Richmond), are doing a daily special hot evening dinner especially for OAPs, such as mince and dumplings or beef casserole, delivered for £3.95 – £4.95. Free delivery in Richmond town on whole menu – 01748 850777 (Open every day except Monday, 16.00 – 20.00)
- Taj Mahal, Indian restaurant, Market place, Richmond (Open Thursdays to Sundays 17.00- 22.00)
Free delivery in Richmond and phone & collect service. Delivering further out for a fee. 01748 829430
FOOD SHOPPING DELIVERIES
- Brooke’s (Darlington Road garage shop, Richmond) are delivering ready-made meals, puddings, milk, bread, groceries and vegetables. Free delivery in Richmond town – 01748 824203
- Stuart Hamilton butchers (Richmond) are delivering their meat, pies, eggs and milk on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. Please order day before delivery is needed. Free delivery in Richmond and nearby villages – 01748 822205 (Open every day except Sunday, 07.00 – 14.00)
- Edwina’s Cakes (Frenchgate, Richmond) have a range of fresh home baked cakes and slices. Delivery fee within Richmond is £1 – 01748 826622 (Open every day except Sunday,10.00- 15.00)
- McColl’s (Gilling Road, Richmond) may be able to deliver to the elderly and vulnerable within close walking distance, subject to staff availability – 01748 850105 (Open every day, 08.00 – 20.00)
- Angus Morton Butchers, (Richmond) are delivering their meat several times a week.
Free delivery in Richmond 01748 822644 (Open every day except Sunday, 07.00 – 15.00)
- Granny’s Kitchen, (Richmond) fresh homemade bread daily, eggs, milk, pies and other baked goods
Free delivery in Richmond town – 01748 850200 or 07464 804243 (Minimum order value is £10)
- Cheesy Grin (Richmond) is delivering free within 5 miles of Richmond. (Minimum order is £10 for 2 cheeses) Please email orders email@example.com or phone if no email 07768 747269
- Ken Warne (Richmond) are delivering grocery orders over £20. Orders need to be placed by 13.00 on the day before delivery is needed. Delivery is free for orders over £40, otherwise delivery fee £3 in Richmond town and £5 within 5 miles of Richmond. Please email orders Warnepeter51@gmail.com
(Open weekdays 07.00 – 22.00 and from 07.30 – 22.00 on Saturday and Sunday) – 01748 826660
- J&H Meynell (Richmond) are delivering their full product range, including pet food, flowers and plants.
Free delivery to Richmond and area for orders over £15, otherwise delivery fee £1 – 01748 825532
- Tunstall Meat Company, (Reeth Road, Richmond) are delivering meat and pies
Free delivery within 15 mile radius of Richmond – 07825 982576 (Minimum order is £20)
- Wives Kitchen, Finkle Street, (Richmond) Health and whole food shop.
Delivery fee £2 in Richmond town and £5 outside Richmond – 01748 822210
- Neeps & Tatties, (Richmond) Fruit & veg. (Minimum order is a mixed box £8)
Free delivery in Richmond for those unable to leave home – 01748 825397 (answering machine)
- Roots and Shoots, (Richmond) Florist. Delivery fee special offer of £1 for Easter flowers (from 9 – 17 April) within Richmond, otherwise £3.50 – 01748 824898 (Open weekdays 09.00 – 15.00)
- Mocha (chocolates and coffee) – Free delivery to Richmond. Best to order online or 07950 211218
DELIVERIES FROM OUTSIDE RICHMOND
- Carricks (fish and vegetables) on Thursdays – Email firstname.lastname@example.org or 01677 470499
Mainsgill Farm shop (meat and vegetables) – Richmond and A66 corridor 01325 718860
- Premier taxis of Catterick 01748 833434, offering next day delivery for premiermeats.live
PHONE AND COLLECT
- Thomas the Baker is still open and receiving fresh daily deliveries
Offering phone and collect service. 01748 821157 (Open every day except Sunday,08.00- 15.30)
- Barker’s fish and chips, Market place, Richmond
Offering phone and collect service. 01748 825768 (Open daily 11.00 – 20.00
- Shanghai City, Chinese takeaway, Market place, Richmond
Offering phone and collect service. 01748 825955 (Open every day except Tuesday, 17.30- 21.00)
- Boots, Market place, Richmond (Open 10.00 – 16.00. Closed for lunch 12.00 -13.00) – 01748 823322
- Day Lewis Pharmacy, Richmond (Open 09.00 – 17.30. Closed for lunch 13.00 -14.00) 01748 823238
- Post Office, Finkle Street, Richmond (Open weekdays 09.00- 14.45 and Saturday, 09.00 – 12.30)
- HSBC bank, Market place, Richmond (Open weekdays 10.00 – 14.00. Closed at weekends)
- TSB bank, Richmond (Open weekdays 10.00 – 16.00. Closed for lunch 12.30 -13.30 and weekends)
Barclays bank, Market place, Richmond (Open weekdays 09.30 – 14.00; Wednesdays 10 – 16.00)
- Specsavers, King street, Richmond is open for emergency and essential eye care only. If urgent, call 111. Open Monday to Saturday 10.00 – 16.00, except closed on Wednesday. Call 01748 829960
OTHER SHOPS OPEN (THAT HAVEN’T ALREADY BEEN LISTED)
- Coop Market place, Richmond (Open 08.00 – 22.00 daily, except 11.00 – 17.00 on Sunday)
- Heron foods Market place, Richmond (Open 09.00 – 18.00 daily, except 10.00 – 16.00 on Sunday)
- Lidl, Richmond. (Open 08.00 – 22.00 daily, except on Sunday 11.00 – 17.00)
- Savers, Richmond. Open Monday to Saturday 10.00 – 16.00. Closed for lunch 12.00 -13.00
- Nisa Local, Victoria Road garage (Open 06.30 – 19.00 daily)
- Yorkshire Trading, Richmond (Open 08.30 – 17.00 daily, except on Sunday 10.00 – 16.00)
- Bargain Booze, Market place, Richmond (Open 08.00 – 20.00 daily)
The market is still coming on Saturdays and is now also doing Wednesdays 08.00 – 14.00. Not all stalls attending but fruit, vegetables, fish, cheese, fresh bread/pies and eggs are available, as well as biscuits and chocolate stand. Cheesey Grin attending every Wednesday and on alternate Saturdays
DO YOU NEED SUPPORT?
- Age UK are offering telephone befriending and volunteer shoppers.
Please call 0300 3020 100 or email email@example.com
- Richmond Yorks Covid-19 Mutual Aid – support group:
Please contact via North Yorkshire County Council hotline 01609 780780
- Bridge – Richmondshire support group. Please call 01748 832271