House damaged due to shed fire

A house suffered heat damage after a fire in a garden shed yesterday.

Fire crews from Colburn and Richmond were called to the incident in Catterick Garrison just before 10pm last night.

The shed and its contents, including an empty 6kg gas cylinder, were totally destroyed in the blaze.

Heat damage was also caused to the external cladding on a nearby house.

The crews used two breathing apparatus, two hosereel jets, a thermal imaging camera and small tools.

The cause is believed to be accidental.