LEYBURN TOWN COUNCIL – UNRATIFIED MINUTES
A Meeting of the above named Council convened by the Council was held in the Oak Room, Thornborough Hall on Monday, 15th January 2018 at 7.00pm.
Present: Cllr Walker Cllr Sanderson
Cllr Begley Cllr Medley
Cllr Bradford Cllr Riley
District Cllrs Duff and Sedgwick
The metal seats in the market shelter have now been fitted with wooden slats and are more comfortable to sit on. This work will be paid for with Town Team funding.
The hedges at the Dale Grove playground have been cut.
After Easter there will be no buses to Bedale at weekends.
Some grass verges along Richmond Road have been ruined by vehicles parking on them.
The zebra crossing requires repainting (this has been reported) and levelling.
The damage to the stonework at the former HSBC Bank should be repaired and also the damage to the stone steps at the Town Hall. (Mr Leathley will be asked about this)
The damaged bin at the market shelter still has not been replaced. (RDC is aware of this)
District Cllr Duff was disappointed with the Town Council’s response to the Boundary Commission’s ward boundary changes consultation. He was reminded by the Clerk that the response from the Town Council was in accordance with the views expressed by Town Councillors when discussed at the November Meeting and these were similar to his own opinions.
District Cllr Sedgwick reported that white lines and ‘slow’ signs have been put outside Kirkwood Hall. She will be attending a shortlisting meeting this week at which the possible building of a nursing home in Leyburn may be approved.
APOLOGIES were received from Cllr Pace.
- To receive any Declaration of Interest under the Council’s Code of Conduct or Members’ Register of Interest – Cllr Begley declared an interest in item 6(a) and Cllr Sanderson declared an interest in item 6(b).
- MINUTES OF MEETING held on Monday, 18th December 2017 were approved as a correct record.
Broadacres are going to contact their development team to get the signs finalised for Kirkwood Hall.
The new car parking donations signs are in place.
Kelberdale toilets pay doors installation will be carried out mid-February.
The Article 4 Conservation area comments from December were confirmed with Councillors. These will be sent to Ann Smith and ratified at the February meeting.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) comes into force in May 2018. The Town Council will undertake an audit of information held and await further information about the need or otherwise to appoint a Data Protection Officer.
There has been an interest amongst stallholders in setting up a Sunday market possibly every third Sunday of the month during the summer period. This will be discussed at the next meeting by which time the Clerk will have an idea of the number and type of stalls which would attend.
Following the resignation of Cllr Harper, the Town Council is now in a position to co-opt a Town Councillor. Interested applicants should send their details to the Town Council by Thursday, 8th February.
firstname.lastname@example.org is seeking grandparents who have three or more grandchildren over 18 to participate in a new documentary.
- REPORTS FROM MEETINGS ATTENDED BY COUNCILLORS
A Shawl Fields Management Group meeting had been held. Members decided not to go ahead with the plan for a gas-run beacon to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the purchase of the fields. The 25th anniversary will be celebrated instead. Six mole traps had been stolen from the fields and anyone with information about this should contact the Town Council office.
- CORRESPONDENCE & REPORTS
- White Rose update- December 2017
- Clerks & Councils Direct- January 2018
- Market Times- December 2017
- It was agreed to put up charges for pub tables to 28p per square metre as from
1st April 2018.
- Councillors discussed a request from Leyburn & Mid Wensleydale Partnership Ltd for donations towards the Dales Food & Drink Festival, 1940’s Weekend and Christmas Festival 2018. It was agreed that more information should be given about the financing of the events and what the donations would be used for so representatives will be invited to attend the March Meeting. At the February Meeting Councillors will discuss the criteria for giving donations.
- The spring litter-picking event will take place on Saturday 17th February 2018 and all those who wish to help should meet at the market shelter at 10.00 a.m. High-viz tabards and litter-pickers will be provided but volunteers should bring their own gloves.
- The Tour de Yorkshire cycle race comes through Leyburn on Saturday, 5th May 2018. Cllr Sanderson will attend a special meeting organised by RDC at Tennants on Wednesday, 31st January at 5.30 p.m. and report back to the Town Council when this is discussed again at the February Meeting.
- Councillors did not approve of the expenditure of Town Team funding for bedroom browser leaflets.
- Councillors approved the promotion of the Deputy Clerk, Mrs Charlotte Smith to Clerk at the end of April upon the retirement of the Clerk, Mrs Julie Forrest.
- Councillors approved the advertising of the post of Deputy Clerk.
- Councillors approved the purchase of the 10th edition of ‘ Local Council Administration’ by Paul Clayden for office reference and training purposes.
- LEYBURN TOWN PLAN
Online data from the surveys has all been inputted and the task of sorting written data is in hand. The aim is to publish the results by May.
- 16/00685/OUT Outline planning permission with some matters reserved for 2 No semi-detached bungalows at 39A Brentwood, Leyburn, North Yorkshire, DL8 5HW. GRANTED
- 17/00665/FULL Full Planning Permission for Alterations and Extension to Existing Dwellinghouse, Timber Garden Store and Change of Use of Land to Form Extended Curtilage at Buttermere Barn, Riseber Lane, Leyburn, North Yorkshire, DL8 5DQ. GRANTED
- 15/00844/FULL Full Planning Permission for Erection of 41 Dwellings, Formation of Means of Access, Associated Parking and Landscaping at OS Field No 6636, Brentwood, Leyburn, North Yorkshire. GRANTED
- 17/00893/FULL Full Planning Permission for Extension of Existing Hardcore Yard to Create a 100m x 30m Hardcore Yard Area to Park Machinery at Washfold Farm, Moor Road, Leyburn, North Yorkshire, DL8 5JZ
Councillors had no objections to item (d).
- 17/00894/FULL Full Planning Permission to Change Garden Room and Rear Bathroom / WC Windows from Timber Single Glazing to Upvc Windows and Timber Part Glazed Doors to Upvc Doors at 3 The Cottages, Quarry Hills Lane, Leyburn, North Yorkshire, DL8 5EJ
Councillors objected to item (e) since the house is in the Quarry Hills Conservation Area.
- 17/00911/FULL Full Planning Permission for Alterations to and the Addition of Windows and Doors as Previously Approved 17/00351/FULL at Penthwaite, St Matthews Terrace, Harmby Road, Leyburn, North Yorkshire, DL8 5EL
Councillors had no objections to item (f).
- Full Planning Permission for Change of Use from Financial services to Restaurants and cafés at 7-9 High St, Leyburn, DL8 5AQ. (RDC Reference Number to follow)
After a lengthy discussion, Councillors voted in favour (five votes to two) to not make any objections to the application. District Cllr Duff will request that this application goes to the whole RDC Planning Committee and is not delegated to one officer.
- Councillors approved the accounts as attached.
- EXCHANGE OF INFORMATION
NYCC Highways will be asked to remove the sandbags and bollards from outside the former HSBC bank.
The Business Association will be asked to remove an old banner re. Leyburn located near the Wensleydale Show field.
Moles are causing a lot of damage in the cemetery, some control will be organised a.s.a.p..
Councillors were concerned about the fire hazard at the antiques shop and will contact the owner of the premises.
Motorbikes and vans are once more taking up parking spaces and making a lot of noise on Sundays in the Market Place.
- DATE OF NEXT MEETING: Monday, 19th February 2018 in the Oak Room, Thornborough Hall at 7.00 p.m.
By Order of the Council.