Richmondshire planning policy officers are taking the district council’s proposed local plan out into the community over the next few weeks.
They are holding a number of consultation days when local people can book 30 minute time slots to discuss the proposals in the preferred options documents of the plan.
Officers will be at:
- Catterick Garrison Leisure Centre on June 22 from 10am until 12pm and 1-7pm
- Colburn Village Hall on June 24 from 3-7pm
- Booth Hall, Catterick Village on June 28 from 1-7pm
- Hunton Village Hall on July 1 from 10am until 12pm
- Eppleby Village Hall on July 6 from 10am until 7pm (to be confirmed)
- Thornborough Hall in Leyburn on July 7 from 10am until 12pm and 1 – 7pm.
- Mercury House, Richmond (appointments available Monday-Friday during office hours)
To book an appointment email email@example.com
The local plan sets out the long term vision for the future of Richmondshire over the next 21 years – showing how and where land can be developed to meet the growing needs of local people and businesses up to 2039.
It does not include development or land within the Yorkshire Dales National Park.
It aims to address needs and opportunities in relation to housing, the economy, community facilities and infrastructure as well as conserving and enhancing the natural and historic environment, provide greater resilience to climate change, and create well-designed places where people enjoy living.
The Preferred Options Local Plan is the second stage in the production of the new local plan and is the second opportunity for residents, businesses and other interested parties to help plan the district’s future.
The full consultation document is available for inspection on the Council’s website at richmondshire.gov.uk and at the Council’s Community Offices in Richmond, Colburn and Leyburn.
Views on the Preferred Local Plan should be sent to the council by 9 July 2021 by:
- completing the forms available on richmondshire.gov.uk and returning to by e-mail or post.
- e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- writing to Planning Policy, Richmondshire District Council, Mercury House, Station Road, Richmond, DL10 4JX
Further information is available on richmondshire.gov.uk or by contacting the Community Development Team on 01748 829100