Nominations are wanted for local heroes to receive goody bags which are being handed out for a second time across the Dales to give a mental health boost to the community during the coronavirus pandemic.
800 Group Hug Goody Bags are now to be given away after more than 1,000 were handed to local NHS staff and key workers.
This time, the bags will be given to those who have been nominated by someone else.
The giveaway has been timed to coincide with the Mental Health Awareness Week.
The bags contain biscuits, eggs, chocolates and messages of hope.
The second batch of bags are being sponsored and funded by North Yorkshire Country Council locality funds, following nominations by Cllr Stuart Parsons and Cllr Yvonne Peacock, as well as Campbell’s of Leyburn and Group Hug scheme coordinator Jonathan Greenwood.
People should go to www.grouphugapp.org/nominate to nominate someone they think deserves a bag.
Nominations need to be made by midday on Bank Holiday Monday.
They should also chose one of the following collection points where they can collect the bag from:
Tuesday, May 26
- Campbell’s of Leyburn – 12noon to 6pm
Wednesday, May 27
- Hall Family Butchers, Leyburn – 9am to 3pm
- Wensleydale Hotel in Middleham – 3pm to 7pm
- Berry’s of Swinithwaite – 9am to 5pm
- George and Dragon, Aysgarth – 12noon to 5pm
- Cornmill Tearooms in Bainbridge – 10am to 3pm
- Hawes Community Office – 9am to 5pm
- The Black Bull Hotel in Reeth – 8am to 8pm
- The Kings Arms in Reeth – 11am to 8pm
Those who have already received a bag can’t be nominated for another bag.