Overloaded extension reel causes fire

Firefighters from Richmond responded to an overloaded extension reel which had caught fire inside a garage.

The incident happened at a property near Richmond at about 6.30pm.

A crew from Darlington Fire Station attended first and found the fire out on arrival.

There was damage to the roof of the garage roof and the garage itself was heavily smoke-logged.

The garage was cleared of smoke first using a positive-pressure ventilation fan.

Richmond firefighters then completed a home fire risk check with the occupant and gave advice.

 

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*