Pensioners treated after firefighters called to Bedale home

The elderly occupants of Bedale home were treated by paramedics last night.

Crews from Northallerton and Masham were called just before midnight to a property in Oak Tree Drive after a smoke alarm went off.

They arrived to find that cooking had been left in an oven unattended.

The occupants were treated at the scene for smoke inhalation by a crew from Yorkshire Ambulance Service as a precaution.

Firefighters donned breathing apparatus to ventilate the property of  smoke.