The winners of November’s Richmond loyalty card promotion have been announced.
Original Richmond Business and Tourism Association (ORBTA) say the promotion was the mist successful yet with 22 prizes for local shoppers to win by collecting stamps from member businesses.
The promotion, which encourages people to shop local, was launched in 2017 and this, its sixth year, has seen more entries and prizes than ever.
Winners of the prizes have praised the loyalty card for encouraging people to shop in the Richmond area and commented on how they appreciate the quality and service given in the local independent businesses.
Chairman of the association, Marcia McLuckie said: “Richmond has very few empty business premises and many good, independent retailers, services and hospitality providers.
“From the comments I have received from our Loyalty Card winners it is obvious that this choice and quality is appreciated.”
She added: “The loyalty card is a great way of promoting our local businesses and it is an opportunity to give something back to our shoppers.
“The good mix of local, independent retailers draws people to the town as well as serving local people. We have another new shop opening soon – Strolling4Shoes – and our Health Food shop, Nourished, has moved into larger premises and increased it range.
“These two are welcome additions to the mix.”
These are the lucky winners of the promotion were:
- Cat Darcey, £100 worth of vouchers to spend in member businesses
- Howie, £50 Voucher for Alt-Berg Bootmakers
- Lucy Eastwood, £50 Voucher to spend in Angus Morton Butchers –
- Mia Rose, £50 Voucher for Labour Costs at Arthur Caygill Cycles and a bottle of wine donated by Dales Runner
- Maggie Shackleton won a Mini Embossed Saddle Bag from Berber Leather
- Judith Lewis is the lucky winner of Sunday lunch for 2 at Cross View Tearooms
- Christine Butler won an Iced Christmas Cake baked by Granny’s Kitchen
- Colin Pitman was rewarded with a Goodie Gift Bag and Shop Voucher from the Green Howards Museum Shop
- Elizabeth Downes received a Glow Aromatherapy Reed Diffuser Revive from Kiss the Moon
- Jackie Pitman is the proud owner of a Lucy Pittaway Mounted Print Majestic Richmond
- Marion Hunter was presented with a Box of Chocolates from Mocha
- Judith Benson won a Neeps and Tatties Produce Box
- Alan Jones received a £50 voucher to spend at Ravensworth Nurseries
- Linda Turnbull was presented with a £150 Fine Wine Hamper by Richmond Fire Engineers
- Elaine Wood enjoyed a Family Pizza Deal at The Station Café Bar
- Pam Beitt was given a £20 voucher for Tasty Macs
- Helen Biggs received a Hamper from The Cheese Press
- Sue Ison won a £50 Gift Voucher from The Little Dress Shop
- Lucy Higgins was the lucky recipient of a £50 Voucher from Trinity Fashion
- Katie Astwood won a £50 Voucher for Twisted Arts Studio
- Heather Pattison was presented with a Gift Set from Kew Garden English Soap Company by York House
New members are welcome and can join through the Original Richmond website or phone the xhairwoman, Marcia, on 01748 825525.