Six primary schools in Richmondshire have been successful in securing grants to fund repairs and improvements to their buildings.
The schools were successful applications to the Department of Education’s £433m Condition Improvement Fund.
The six schools whose bids were approved are:
- Trinity Academy Middleton Tyas – perimeter fences and gateworks
- Ravensworth Church of England Primary School – exterior fencing and gateworks
- Leyburn Primary School – fire alarm and emergency lighting
- Croft Church of England Primary School – replacing flat roof
- Barton Church of England Primary School – fire alarm and emergency lighting replacement
- Hawes Primary School – roof refurbishment.
The funding was welcomed by Rishi Sunak, the MP for Richmond.
Mr Sunak said: “The Condition Improvement Fund is designed to cover repair and refurbishment costs which if not met would put too much strain on the day-to-day funding schools receive.
“I am pleased these schools have been successful with their bids.”