North Yorkshire County Council has issued a list of roads which remain closed due to flooding this evening.
Heavy rain caused by Storm Ciara has left many routes in Richmondshire impassable.
The larger roads which remain closed this evening include:
- A6108 Cover Bridge
- A684 from Wensley in the western direction to Hawes
- Diamond Hill Road, from the main road to Hunton Kneeton Lane, Middelton Tyas, adjacent the school
- Riverside Road, Richmond, from Green Bridge to the car park
- Middleham Bridge to Middleham
- Sedbury Lane, from A6108 to Gilling West Ulshaw Bridge (just off A6108 at Cover Bridge)
- A167 at Croft
In addition to these roads, a number of smaller routes remain impassable due to flood water.
Motorists are being urged not to attempt to drive through flood water.
The emergency services have had to rescue several motorists in the Hawes area today.