Rodents cause fire in roof of Middleton Tyas bungalow

Firefighters attended after reports of a bungalow roof on fire yesterday.

Crews from Richmond and Darlington were called at around 5.55pm to the incident in Middleton Tyas.

North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said the incident involved a small fire in the roof void.

It resulted in damage to a small amount of electric cable.

The fire was extinguished by the occupier prior to our arrival.

The crews carried out an inspection using ladders and thermal imaging camera.

The cause is believed to be an electrical fault due to rodent damage.