Quick work by firefighters prevented a shed fire setting a house ablaze in Colburn today.
Fire crews from Richmond, Colburn and Bedale were called to the fire just before 11am today.
While en-route to the incident, fire control informed the crews that the fire had spread to a neighbouring shed and was starting to effect the property.
A spokesperson for North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said: “Although there has been some damage to the property, quick intervention by the crews wearing breathing apparatus, stopped the fire fully spreading to the house.”
Crews used four breathing apparatus, four hose reels, a 45mm jet and small tools to tackle the fire.
The spokesperson added: “Unfortunately this is a recurring theme at the moment for Richmond crews.
In the past two months we have attended six shed fires all caused by accidental ignition and some carelessness.
“Fires can spread very quick this time of year due to the dry conditions and can cause huge amount of damage and heartache.
For more information on controlled burning and having fire visit: https://www.northyorksfire.gov.uk/your-safety/safe-outside/countryside-and-controlled-burning/