Smoke coming through floorboards prompts call to fire brigade

Firefighters were called out yesterday to a report of smoke coming through the floorboards of a flat.

The incident happened in Turfy Hill, Hawes, at about 5.10pm.

A crew from Hawes attended the scene.

They found that the smoke was caused by an electrical fault to the fuse board below.

Firefighters used a dry powder extinguisher, thermal imaging camera and small tools to extinguish and isolate the smouldering fuse board.

A safe and well visit was carried out and advice given to the occupant.