Support available with council tax and housing costs, says district council

Richmondshire District Council is reminding residents that they may be eligible for financial support with council tax and housing costs.

Housing Costs

For anyone of working age, financial support is generally provided through universal creditthis is administered by the Department of Works and Pension at:

For residents not covered by universal credit applications for help with housing benefits, administered by Richmondshire can be accessed

Council Tax

Richmondshire District Council runs a council tax reduction scheme and the Government recently announced changes to add further support to residents on low income to it.

The details of these changes are currently being worked on by council officers, and bills will be adjusted automatically.

The current scheme can be accessed at:

All district council webpages are being kept up to date with changing legislation and guidance and with coronavirus updates – check out