Person to train as sewing machinist. Role also to include boot inspection, despatch and shop sales.
Alt-Berg are a footwear manufacturing business based in Richmond, North Yorkshire, with factories in Richmond and Italy.
Alt-Berg have established a strong reputation in various markets as specialist bootmakers and boot fitters.
We are looking to expand our team of bootmakers in our Richmond factory.
The role would include –
- Cutting and sewing of boot uppers
- Inspection of finished boots/quality checking
- Despatch of boots to customers – both trade and direct
- Working in our factory shop offering a boot fitting advice
Training will be ‘one to one’ with an experienced senior operator
- Practical ability to learn new skills and processes
- Good hand + eye coordination and ability
- Good organisation skills and be able to multitask.
- Must be able to work as part of a team and/or individually
Experience is not necessary, although some sewing experience could be advantageous.
Hours of work
37.5 hours per week (5days) – some Saturday working may be required
Rate of Pay
Above minimum wage
Please send CV and covering letter via email or post to Joe Sheehan (email@example.com)
Altberg, Unit 2b, Racecourse Rd , Gallowfields Ind Est, Richmond, N.Yorks, DL10 4TG