Two injured in fire at dog grooming parlour

Two people were injured in a fire at a dog grooming parlour yesterday.

Fire crews were called to the blaze at West Appleton, near Hornby, at about 5.48pm on Sunday.

Crews from Colburn and Bedale responded to reports of a building on fire.

On arrival crews confirmed a single storey building used as a dog grooming parlour was on fire.

Crews requested assistance from a further two appliances which came from Richmond and Leyburn.

A water bowser from Boroughbridge also attended.

The cause of the fire is believed to be a faulty propane heater.

One female suffered facial injuries and one male had smoke inhalation.

Both were taken to hospital by ambulance.

Crews extinguished the fire using two hose reel jets, a ground monitor and a thermal imaging camera.