Unicorn reduce deficit after Mavs draw at Leyburn

A draw at home to Leyburn brought an end to Richmond Mavericks winning start to the season on Saturday.

This report is sponsored by:

Goals from Adam Dunwoodie and Daniel Johnson gaves Mavs an early lead.

Jack Hammond reduced the deficit only for Andrew Pritchard to maintain Mavs’ tw0-goal lead.

Leyburn came roaring back in the second half though, with Hammond scoring two to complete his hat-trick and ensure the points were shared.

Unicorn maintained their pursuit of the league leaders with a 3-0 win at home to Reeth.

A Liam Reeves hat-trick secured the three points for the Richmond team.

Buck stormed the early moments of their game away at Hawes, taking a 2-0 lead within five minutes.

The first goal was scored by Marshal Thorogood. Buck were two up from a Stewart Fotheringham corner, dispatched into the net by full-back Joe Arundell after the ball dropped to him nicely, for his second in two games.

Hawes were back in it on the half hour through a header from Brett Calvert following a Tommy Calvert corner

However, Buck took a half time two goal lead thanks to Luke Pearson after good work from Adam Hodgekinson and Thorogood.

Buck were dominant in the second half and substitute David Addison scored soon after coming on with accurate side foot into the bottom corner from the edge of the box.

Buck’s scoring was completed by captain Danny Allen after Thorogood squared the ball from the byline.

Hawes got a late consolation from a close range finish from Dan Richardson after a good run from Jordan Iveson.

Colburn were quick off the blocks in their game against Carperby.

The home side went ahead in the first minute when Tom Sweeney sent a shot from distance, which flew past Carperby’s keeper.

On six minutes, Joe Woodall delivered a cross from the right to the back post where Rory Wallace was on hand to knock the ball home to make it 2-0.

But Colburn then switched off and on 20 minutes, a ball found its way through a static Colburn defence for James Spence to run on to and half the deficit.

In the second half, a shot from Sweeney hit the post and Murray was on hand to poke the ball home.

On 65 minutes, Colburn’s Steve McDonald met a ball from the right and powered a header past Marshall to make the score 4-1.

Carperby had a series of freekicks and one of these flew straight past Oscar Luck in Colburn’s goal to make it 4-2.

There was still time for Sweeney to rifle one over, before Luck was called on to make a fine save.

In the remaining game, goals from Nathan Simpson, James Kell and Harry Needham secured a 3-2 win for Richmond Town Reserves away at Spennithorne.

Spenni’s goals were scored by Joe Walker and Chris Metcalfe.


Colburn 4-2 Carperby

Hawes 2-5 Richmond Buck

Leyburn 3-3 Richmond Mavericks

Spennithorne 2-3 Richmond Town Reserves

Unicorn 3-0 Reeth