Tumble drier causes Richmond house fire

Firefighters were called to a fire at a house in Richmond last night.

The blaze occurred in the garage of a property off Whitefields Drive at around 10pm.

The cause of the fire was a build up of lint inside a tumble dryer.

The dryer was in the garage that was attached to the house.

Crews extinguished fire using a hose reel jet and breathing apparatus and then removed the appliance outside.

Fire damage was caused to the tumble dryer only.

Fire crews from Richmond, Colburn and Leyburn responded to the incident.